Welcome to Downlands,
the school of choice
Downlands is a Catholic, coeducational, secondary, day and boarding school with a long tradition of heart-centred and values-based education.
At Downlands, families have choice:
- Broadest curriculum
- Huge range of sports and co-curricular activities
- Extensive arts and cultural programme
- Onsite rural centre
- Vibrant and active community
A Downlands education prepares students for the world beyond the classroom, academically, socially and morally.
Visit our beautiful campus to truly understand what makes Downlands the school of choice.
Why choose Downlands?
Community. Many schools talk about it, but at Downlands we live our commitment to a strong and vibrant, faith-based community every day. As a Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) College, our pastoral care activities engage Downlanders in a wide range of social justice activities beyond the classroom.
- Educational Excellence. In the words of Caitlyn Barton, a College Leader of 2014, "Whether you want to be a lawyer, doctor or farmer, Downlands is the school for you". With a diverse range of subjects to choose from, students have a pathway to their life beyond school and have available to them both academic (OP focussed) and vocational training choices.
- Sport, art and cultural options. With teams in more than 14 local and regional sports competitions, a thriving Cattle Show Team and extensive student involvement in arts, music and drama activities, there truly is something for everyone at Downlands. All-inclusive fees mean that each student is encouraged to make the most of all opportunities available.
An American author, Stephen Covey, in his writings and reflections… read more ▶