PARENT ESSENTIALS is the GO TO page for everything that you need to know about the start of the school year at Downlands. Scroll down to view booklists and forms.
The 2017 Information for Parents Booklet and 2017 Boarding Supplement
- Please click to read the 2017 Information for Parents and 2017 Boarding Supplement - All parents should familiarise themselves with these documents as they contain valuable information about Downlands and include contact details, uniform expectations and College rules.
- Parents/Carers should ensure that all forms are completed and returned to Downlands before the commencement of the school year.
- Links to necessary forms and to all booklists are available by scrolling down this page.
- If you have any questions, please telephone the College 07 4690 9500 or send an email to Ms Merilyn Rohde, Enrolments Coordinator.
To keep up-to-date on all school news, parents and carers are encouraged to become familiar with the many ways in which Downlands communicates with families, including:
- reading monthly Downlands e-Newsletters (available on OUR COMMUNITY - NEWS page of this website);
- checking that emails from Downlands College are NOT being directed to SPAM or JUNK folders
- checking PARENT LOUNGE (available through My.Downlands) to see Daily School Notices and view the Calendar as well as many other useful tools (see PARENT LOUNGE details below).
- for regular updates and photos be sure to follow Downlands College (official), Downlands College Sport and Downlands College Performing Arts on Facebook.
Parent Lounge is a web-based application that allows parents and carers to view information such as:
- their child's academic reports,
- timetable information,
- medical information,
- address information,
- teacher email addresses and
- the live College Calendar.
Click here to access Parent Lounge.
Please return all forms before Term One starts
This year all the forms you need are available on the website, making them much easier to access and complete, particularly if you have more than one child at Downlands. Vaccination forms are required for Year 7 students.
- Stationery Lists - Browns Stationery - any orders should be forwarded directly to Browns Stationers
- Years 5 and 6 Book List - click here to order online from Browns
- Years 7 and 8 Book List - click here to order online from Browns
- Years 9 and 10 Book List - click here to order online from Browns
- Years 11 and 12 Book List - click here to order online from Browns
- Canteen Assistance Form
All new students
Extra forms for Boarding Students
- Application for change in Day Boarding Status
- Application for Weekly Boarding
- Boarding Student Leave
- Casual Boarding Application
- Conditions of Hosting a Boarding Student
- Downlands College Extended Day Student Fees 2017
- EDITABLE Weekend & End of Term Boarding Leave Form test
- Extended Day Student Application Form
- Garden City Cab Acc App Form Student
- Medication Policy and Agreement
- Mobile Phone Acceptable Use Policy & Agreement
- Priceline Pharmacy
- Weekend & End of Term Boarding Leave Form
Child Dental Benefits Scheme - Forms for Years 5 - 10
- 2017 Downlands College Fees & detailed list of what is included
- ICPA guide to Education Allowances
Vaccination forms -Year 7 studentsInformation about the Queensland School Immunisation Program.
Years 7 vaccinations are scheduled on the following dates:
- Round 1 Thursday 2 March 2017
- Round 2 Thursday 1 June 2017
- Round 3 Thursday 2 November 2017.
Annual flu vaccinationsThe annual flu vaccinations will be given to boarding students in the second week of Term Two. If you would like your son/daughter to receive the vaccination, please complete the consent form. The cost of the vaccine is $22 (Payment by Direct Debit or Credit Card to Platinum Health Group Clearing Account). If you have already sent in forms, you are not required to send these in again. We advise that the students should receive the vaccination as it is very contagious and spreads quickly in a boarding environment.
Vaccination forms - all Year levels
- Influenza Vaccination form (Boarding Students ONLY)
- Other vaccination forms will be posted to families in early January 2017.
- Tetanus bacteria are found in soil and can enter through a scratch or sore.
- If infected, powerful toxins cause painful spasms, convulsions and lockjaw.
- Causes difficulty in swallowing, breathlessness and suffocation.
- Some people may develop nerve paralysis and heart failure.
- Causes cold-like symptoms combined with red spots and blisters.
- The blisters are very itchy and can lead to scarring of the skin.
- Can be severe and even life-threatening, particularly in adults.
- Diptheria, Tetanus and Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Vaccination (dTpa) Form
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Causes genital warts, cervical cancer and some cancers of the vulva, vagina, penis and anus.
- Is very common - up to 8o% of people will be infected with genital HPV at some time.
- Each year in Australia, more than 700 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and over 200 women die from the disease.
- Is a highly contagious infection spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- It causes severe coughing spasms followed by gagging, gasping or vomiting.
- Adults with whooping cough can infect babies who can die from whooping cough.