PARENT ESSENTIALS is the GO TO page for everything that you need to know about the start of the school year at Downlands. Scroll down to view booklists and forms.
Downlands has introduced a new school portal called My.Downlands. It replaces many of the functions previously performed in Parent Lounge and provides superior communication and information sharing capabilities.
My.Downlands will be the central communication spot for everything that happens at the College and will provide all the information on dates, assessment, excursions, payments and more for Downlands parents. The portal is mobile device friendly and is very easy to use. You can access the new portal directly via the My.Downlands link on the Downlands website.
New login details have been emailed to all parents. Please contact the College if you have not received your My.Downlands login information.
Please scroll down to read further details about My.Downlands.
Information for Parents Booklet and Boarding Supplement
- Please click to read the Information for Parents and Boarding Supplement - All parents should familiarise themselves with these documents as they contain valuable information about Downlands and include contact details, uniform expectations and College rules.
- Parents/Carers should ensure that all forms are completed and returned to Downlands before the commencement of the school year.
- Links to necessary forms and to all booklists are available by scrolling down this page.
- If you have any questions, please telephone the College 07 4690 9500 or send an email to Ms Merilyn Rohde, Enrolments Coordinator.
To keep up-to-date on all school news, parents and carers are encouraged to become familiar with the many ways in which Downlands communicates with families, including:
- reading monthly Downlands e-Newsletters - emailed and available on OUR COMMUNITY - NEWS page of this website
- checking that emails from Downlands College are NOT being directed to SPAM or JUNK folders
- checking PARENT LOUNGE (available through My.Downlands) to see Daily School Notices and view the Calendar as well as many other useful tools (see PARENT LOUNGE details below).
- for regular updates and photos be sure to follow Downlands College (official), Downlands College Sport and Downlands College Performing Arts on Facebook.
- The College Calendar is posted to all families in January. Click to view the calendar (correct at time of printing)
- Families are encouraged to check the online calendar at My.Downlands for the most up-to-date information
Previously known as Parent Lounge, our new school portal is called My.Downlands.
This web-based application gives you instant access to important information about your child and Downlands. In time, My.Downlands will become the hub for everything to do with being a Downlander.
Through My.Downlands you can:
- View your child’s classes and timetable
- View and monitor your child’s assessment and due work
- View results and feedback for your child’s assessment.
- Book a Parent Teacher Interview
- Email your child’s Teacher
- Update your contact and medical information
- Respond and accept Tours & Excursions
- View and print your child’s Academic Report
- Join the online group for the Downlands Parents & Friends Association and our Parent Support Groups
- Boarding parents will have access to the Boarding Community group and a link to Reach
- View a detailed and individualised version of the College Calendar
- Receive a weekly digest email (Sunday afternoon) outlining upcoming assessment/events specific to your child and information from the pages and groups you or your child are associated with in My.Downlands.
Click to view the booklists:
- Year 10 booklist
- Year 11 booklist
- Year 12 booklist
- Year 5 booklist
- Year 6 booklist
- Year 7 booklist
- Year 8 booklist
- Year 9 booklist
Parents are welcome to order items from any supplier.
Please note: Orders placed after 15 December with The School Locker may not be delivered in time for back to school.
Payment through The School Locker website is via credit card or paypal.
- Orders placed on or before the 15/12/17 will be guaranteed delivery by the 19/01/18 in time for back to school.
- Orders placed on or before the 24/12/2017 will receive free delivery.
- Boarding students can nominate Downlands College as the delivery address.
To access My.Downlands, simply navigate to the Downlands College website, click on My.Downlands and you will be taken to the login page.
Please note: all parents have been emailed new login details to access My.Downlands.
Once you have accessed the system for the first time, there is a link on the left-hand side menu to change your password. A quick video tutorial on the main features of My.Downlands will be available on your homepage in the next 24 hours.
The system relies upon accurate email addresses for each parent. Please ensure your email is accurate and up to date.
If you encounter issues accessing or navigating through the system, please contact the My.Downlands administrators via firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you find My.Downlands to be a wonderful new resource and communication platform for the College both in 2018 and the years ahead.
Please return all forms before Term One starts
All the forms you need are available on the website, making them much easier to access and complete, particularly if you have more than one child at Downlands. Vaccination forms are required for Year 7 and Year 10 students.
All new students
Extra forms for Boarding Students
Child Dental Benefits Scheme - Forms for Years 5 - 10
- Downlands College Fees & detailed list of what is included (pages 35-37)
- ICPA guide to Education Allowances
Vaccination forms - Year 7 and Year 10 studentsInformation about the Queensland School Immunisation Program.
Vaccinations dates TBC
Annual flu vaccinationsThe annual flu vaccinations will be given to boarding students in the second week of Term Two. If you would like your son/daughter to receive the vaccination, please complete the consent form. The cost of the vaccine is $22 (Payment by Direct Debit or Credit Card to Platinum Health Group Clearing Account). If you have already sent in forms, you are not required to send these in again. We advise that the students should receive the vaccination as it is very contagious and spreads quickly in a boarding environment.
Vaccination forms - all Year levels
- Influenza Vaccination form (Boarding Students ONLY)
- Other vaccination forms will be posted to families in early January 2018.
- Tetanus bacteria are found in soil and can enter through a scratch or sore.
- If infected, powerful toxins cause painful spasms, convulsions and lockjaw.
- Causes difficulty in swallowing, breathlessness and suffocation.
- Some people may develop nerve paralysis and heart failure.
- Causes cold-like symptoms combined with red spots and blisters.
- The blisters are very itchy and can lead to scarring of the skin.
- Can be severe and even life-threatening, particularly in adults.
- Diptheria, Tetanus and Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Vaccination (dTpa) Form
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Causes genital warts, cervical cancer and some cancers of the vulva, vagina, penis and anus.
- Is very common - up to 80% of people will be infected with genital HPV at some time.
- Each year in Australia, more than 700 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and over 200 women die from the disease.
- Is a highly contagious infection spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- It causes severe coughing spasms followed by gagging, gasping or vomiting.
- Adults with whooping cough can infect babies who can die from whooping cough.