Upcoming Downlands College Socials:
May 31 - Years 4 - 6 (5 - 6.30pm)
May 31 - Years 9 - 11 (7 - 9.30pm)
August 2 - Years 7, 8 and 9 (7 - 9pm)
November 1 - Years 4 - 6 (6 - 7.30pm)
Socials at Downlands
Downlands College Socials are held for relevant year levels in the Graham Centre. Timeframes vary depending on Year groups. The socials represent a great opportunity for young people to socialise in a safe environment and are always lots of fun.
- Cost is $8. Student ID is essential for entry. The social is open to students in the relevant year levels attending the invited schools.
- Doors close at 7:30pm and there are no pass outs; if parents need to collect their child prior to 9:30pm; they need to come to the door to collect them.
- The social is well supervised by Downlands College staff and staff from guest schools. A Police Officer is in attendance for the whole night to ensure all remains safe along the driveway and around the grounds.
- No bags are allowed in the hall. A cloak room is available in the Dining Room prior to entry, but students are advised to not bring a bag to the social.
- Students are advised to wear something that has pockets in which to store their ID, some money to spend at the canteen and their asthma puffer, etc (if needed). Students are reminded to wear something that is age appropriate and appropriate for a school function. Entry will be refused to students whose dress is too revealing or generally inappropriate for a school setting (eg T-shirts with offensive images/text).
- Taking photos is not encouraged and students are reminded that permission should be sought before uploading pictures of your friends to social networking sites.
The main driveway and Ruthven St can become very congested at pick up time. To alleviate this situation, a few things to keep in mind are as follows:
- Please DO NOT ask your child to walk down to Ruthven St to meet you.
- There is parking along Kate St, under the Sacré-Coeur Centre (off Kate St) and down the main driveway. Park your car and walk up to meet your child on the front lawns at the conclusion of the night.
- Arrange a car pool with other families.
- Be in contact via mobile phone with your child as you come up the driveway. The top of the driveway will be a ‘short stay’ location and you will be asked to move on and park if your child is not ready to depart straight away.
The Downlands College Social Coordinator, Mr Dan Fraser, can be contacted via the College Office on 4690 9552 or via email if you have any questions.