You are warmly invited to join the ranks of the Downlands Past Student Union - membership to a growing network in a large number of professions, trades, businesses and walks of life.
The purpose of becoming a financial member of the DPSU is to keep you in touch with each other and the College, and to support the College.
Please note that unless you are a financial member of the DPSU you will only receive the DPSU News in May. You must be a financial member to receive Fortes.
Download membership form
Some of the benefits. . .
- Stay in touch with other Downlands past students
- Receive the annual Fortes Magazine
- Encourage current and future Downlands Students
- Support the DPSU in its mission - see below
- Stay in touch with the College as it continues to be "a remarkable place."
The DPSUs mission is to strengthen the ever-growing College Community which now spans nearly eighty years. The Past Student pages of this website provide practical tools in bringing together past students and assisting the DPSU in its mission.
Our mission seeks to:
- Channel the vast Downlands goodwill in to promoting the College
- Extend the DPSU Membership Register to embrace as many as possible of our 13 000 plus past students.
- Facilitate a dissemination of Downlands news and information
- Foster a networking philosophy amongst past students encouraging them to utilise and benefit from each others professions and services
- Enable greater participation of past students in the shaping of the current student body.
The two grandstands built by the combined efforts of the Past Students Union, Sports Supporters and P&F stand prominently up on Main Oval, sound reminders of the important role the DPSU and other support groups play in assisting Downlands continued growth.
DPSU Committee (2010-11)
Meetings are held on the fourth Monday of every month at 5.30pm in the DPSU Room in Tyson Manor. The meetings are catered and the Committee welcomes any past students interested in being involved in DPSU activities which include fundraising events such as the annual Golf Day. This fundraising is used to assist with ongoing improvements around the College. Downlands is delighted to have the strong support of the DPSU.
President Mike Hogan (59-62) 07 4634 6444 or email@example.com
Vice President Peter McCarthy (69-72) 07 4613 0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sec/Treasurer John Power (55-57) 07 4632 5152
Gordon Dyball (74-77) 0438 197 280 or email@example.com
John Harland (72-74) 07 4696 8243 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Jordan (55-56) 07 4630 2387 or email@example.com
John Ryan (51-54) 07 4632 7394 firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Bartlett (86-87) 07 4690 9661 email@example.com
DPSU AGMs are held in April or May each year. If you would like to nominate for a position on the Committee please download this nomination form and submit.
DPSU AGM Nomination Form
Becoming a financial member -
To become a financial member of the Downlands Past Student Union, simply download and fill out the membership form provided or...
Apply for DPSU Membership Online
Life Membership Rates
Final College Year Rate
2000 + $200.00
The 'Part Life' option allows for the payment of 'Life Membership' in two equal instalments twelve months apart - which becomes 'Life Membership' when second and final payment is made.